October 2, 2009

Beautiful Hair Accessory

I have to admit, as much as I think I know my design and fashion history, I did not know what a fascinator was until recently. I’ve seen plenty of photos of them, but I didn’t realize there was a specific name for them and I just called them large hairpins. Whoops. Turns out they’re a whole thing of their own. While the dictionary definition is very general (a scarf, lace, or crochet work worn on the head by women), it seems most people define fascinators as combs with a bunch of flowers and feathers glued to them.

Tutorial Link

No comments:

Post a Comment