October 7, 2009
Holiday Craft: Light Up the Holiday
Rivky Koenig, author of Crafting Jewish, gives a step-by-step guide to creating this traditional Jewish piece
1. Attach a glue dot (available at crafts stores) to the bottoms of nine glass votive candleholders, with one a little taller than the rest.
2. Line up the candleholders on a long, narrow tray, with the tallest at one end.
3. Press down on each to adhere it to the tray.Add clear and blue glass marbles or beads to the tray.
4. Fill each glass halfway with water, then add 1 or 2 drops of blue food color to each glass.
5. Pour about ½ inch of olive oil into each candleholder. Let the oil settle, then place a floating wick in each glass.