January 21, 2010

How to Make a Stenciled Retro Utensils Print

Screen printing is something that I’ve wanted to learn for years, and I’ve finally gotten up the nerve to take my first little steps. I wanted to start slowly, using a stencil and sponge to create my print, instead of jumping ahead immediately and burning screens and all of that.


In this project, I took my inspiration from retro prints and drew some fun retro utensils because I had my kitchen in mind when I came up with the project. I’m a huge fan of retro illustration, and I wanted to get the same grainy, sponge-y texture that I see so much in my favorite illustrators’ works. A small sea sponge was used to create this effect. The print came out so well that I just had to share it!



Tutorial Link

No comments:

Post a Comment